Our research and survey of over 2,500 parents across the US whose kids are playing rec/competitive sports, conducted over a period of 6 months, resulted in these top line findings:
- More than 30% of parents surveyed said they do NOT want to return the following season.
Top reasons for not coming back:
- My concerns are not heard: 52%
- No formal system to provide feedback: 46%
- Fear of backlash or repercussion if honest feedback is given to the board/coach: 64%
- Year over year attrition is increasing 3-7% because parents and kids are not happy with the program.
- More than 20% of players switch teams because their needs not have been met.
- Negative impact on the program reputation
- A decrease in revenue
- Fewer kids retained over seasons
- Losing talent to other teams and towns
- The top reason why parents don’t share their concerns: It’s not Anonymous